Terms & Conditions
Dream Pod 9 Online Policy
The following text is the official online policy of Dream Pod 9, Inc. It details our precise position on the use of our Intellectual Properties on the Internet and the World Wide Web, and will hopefully allow us to avoid all sort of unpleasant legaleses in the future. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to send them to email@example.com.
You may use our games and supplements over the Internet or other online services, without royalty, so long as the play is for personal enjoyment and not financial gain. You may create derivative works of our intellectual properties, so long as these derivative works are used solely for personal enjoyment. Permission to play online does not include permission to upload or download hard copies of DP9's copywritten materials.
Our Silhouette game engine is not a freeware system -- you may create stats and variants for it, even optional rules, but you cannot post any of the actual rules or texts.
An important note: many people believe that if no money is exchanged, intellectual properties can be freely traded and used. This is not the case, and in many instances is actually a crime. Copyrights and Trademarks protect the creators' right to control their creations. International laws give not only the right, but also the obligation, to prevent people from misusing intellectual property, regardless of the presence of money or profit.
Dream Pod 9 cannot be held responsible for any violation of other people's rights which might be committed while using our products. If someone manages to infringe both our copyright and the one of another creator (for example, by doing crossovers), we are not responsible in any way. The violator will be held responsible for any damage incurred to us by his violation.
This policy, the permissions it gives, and any similar permissions given under other circumstances, are subject to be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice. We also reserve all rights which are not specifically granted or mentioned in this document.
Legal Credits and Notices
The various Dream Pod 9 trademarks and game logos can be used by the public at large if and only if they are used in connection with discussions of the products they represent. It is also important that they are used in a manner that will not damage the reputation of the trademark. They must be properly designated as trademarks the first time they are used in a document.
If you use any of our intellectual property, you must mark it appropriately (see our legal credits below), and link back to either our main Web page at www.dp9.com, or the front page of the game that the material is drawn from. If you have a DP9-related page, let us know. We'll add it to one or more of our lists of links to game related pages. That way other people will know about the page that you've worked hard on.
Artwork produced by Dream Pod 9 may be used on Web pages in a reasonable manner (ten pieces or less per page). Gallery-style listings of dozens of images should be avoided. The art should be used in connection with information relating to the game that it is drawn from. Proper copyright and trademark notices must be put on the first page.
Copyrighted texts cannot be used without special permission. The "Fair Use" provisions of copyright law expressly allow the press to use a short amount of copyrighted material or a trademark in the course of review or commentary about the product. We may not block this, as long as the use is otherwise legal (not used for libel, for example).
Out of print material may not be reprinted or published on the Web for any reason. It might be out of print, but it remains a property of Dream Pod 9.
Adventures, campaign modules or fan fiction may be freely written as long as they do not reprint previously copyrighted material and are not offered for sale. When in doubt, feel free to ask.
We have a legal right to prevent the creation of derivative material of our properties, but we are willing to allow it strictly for personal use (though not for financial gain). DP9 is not interested in owning the derivative works which are created strictly for fun and personal use online. If anything interests us, we'll contact you and work out a deal to acquire the material. A proper copyright and trademark notice must be included at the beginning of the presentation any time you are posting any derivative material.
Art may be used as wallpaper or desktop icons, but may not be distributed without permission. If you wish to share it with others, let us know about it: we'll see what can be done. We're usually fairly easy to work with in these cases.
We cannot grant permission to create derivative works, or to take any of our other registered Copyright rights, for commercial purposes or financial gain, unless there is a separate, written licensing agreement with Dream Pod 9.
It may be possible for fans to create MUDs, MUSHs or other computer utilities based on our Intellectual Properties. These may conflict with existing licensing agreements (especially in the case of Heavy Gear), so it is important to check with us first.
If you are a professional developer and want to talk about licenses, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You hereby agree to all of the terms and conditions set forth below by downloading any material from this Web site. Any attempt to download any material without agreeing to all of these provisions is a violation of Dream Pod 9 ('DP9') rights and is strictly prohibited.
- You understand and acknowledge that all of the materials on this Web site are owned by Dream Pod 9 and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws.
- Ownership and all intellectual property rights of all material downloaded from this Web site, in and to such materials, in whole and in part, remain with Dream Pod 9.
- All materials that you download from this Web site must be for your own personal use. You may make a single copy of downloaded material for your own personal use. You may not sell, publish, distribute to others, or commercially exploit in any manner whatsoever any material downloaded from this website.
- You must not remove or alter in any way from downloaded materials any copyright, trademark, or other notices or indicia of ownership contained in or associated with such materials.
- DISCLAIMER. ALL MATERIALS ON THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. DP9 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DP9 DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR ITS SERVER IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY AND ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NEITHER DP9, NOR ITS AFFILIATES, WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE THAT DP9 SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEB SITE.
- This Agreement shall be construed according to the laws of the province of QUEBEC, regardless of the place of its physical execution or performance. Any action arising out of, or in connection with, these terms or use of this Web site shall be brought only in a court of law located in Montreal, Quebec, and you hereby consent to personal jurisdiction in such courts for purposes of litigating any such action. The parties to this agreement have specifically requested that it be drawn in English.
- In the event that any provision hereof is determined to be illegal or unenforceable, such determination shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions hereof, all of which shall remain in full force and effect.
Heavy Gear, Heavy Gear Blitz!, Gear, Terra Nova, the Heavy Gear logo, the Heavy Gear Blitz! logo, Silhouette, Dream Pod 9 and the Dream Pod 9 logo are trademarks of Dream Pod 9, Inc. Heavy Gear, Gear, Terra Nova, Silhouette and all other names, logos and specific game terms are (c)1994-2015 Dream Pod 9, Inc. All Heavy Gear art and designs are Copyright (c)1994-2015 Dream Pod 9, Inc.
Jovian Chronicles, the Jovian Chronicles logo, Jovian Confederation, CEGA, Exo-Armor and Exo-Suit are trademarks of Dream Pod 9, Inc. Exo-armor, Jovian Confederation, CEGA, Silhouette and all other names, logos and specific game terms are (c)1993-2015. All Jovian Chronicles art and designs are Copyright (c)1993-2015 Dream Pod 9, Inc.
Tribe 8, the Tribe 8 logo, Fatima and Z'bri are trademarks of Dream Pod 9, Inc. Tribe 8, Fatima, Z'bri, Silhouette and all other names, logos and specific game terms are (c)1998-2015 Dream Pod 9. All Tribe 8 art and designs are Copyright (c)1998-2015 Dream Pod 9, Inc.
Gear Krieg, the Gear Krieg logo and Panzerkampfer are trademarks of Dream Pod 9, Inc. Gear Krieg, Panzerkampfer, Silhouette and all other names, logos and specific game terms are (c)1997-2015 Dream Pod 9. All Gear Krieg art and designs are Copyright (c)2000-2015 Dream Pod 9, Inc.
CORE Command is a trademark of Dream Pod 9, Inc. CORE Command, Silhouette and all other names, logos and specific game terms are (c)1997-2015 Dream Pod 9. All CORE Command art and designs are Copyright (c)2000-2015 Dream Pod 9, Inc.
If you have any questions or comments, you can contact us at email@example.com. Thank you for visiting our Web site!